Celebrity news:Vanna White on finding happiness after heartbreak


Vanna White has been a household name for 33 years since she became the co-host of "Wheel of Fortune."

Despite her career success, White has suffered several personal tragedies including the sudden death of her fiance, a miscarriage, a broken engagement and a divorce. She opened up to Closer Weekly on finding happiness after tragedy.

"Today I am happy just the way things are," White told Closer Weekly.

White's fiance, "Young and the Restless" star John Gibson, died in a plane crash at age 37 in 1986. "It was devastating," she told the magazine. "But I got such an outpouring of fan mail, and it really did help to know that I wasn't alone."

The model went on to marry restaurateur George Santo Pietro in 1989 telling the magazine.

Pietro and White stayed together through her tragic miscarriage in 1992 but split up in 2002. The pair maintain a good relationship for their children's sake.

White's next love was businessman Michael Kaye. They announced their engagement in 2004 but fans were shocked when they ended their relationship just a year later.

White is currently dating contractor John Donaldson and couldn't be happier.

"He is kind, understanding and lets me be me."

White is more easy-going than some of her fans may realize.

“I’m a real down-to-earth girl," she said. "I usually spend my days without makeup, wearing tennis shoes. I love the outdoors. I love waking up early when it’s quiet, going out on the balcony to hear the birds sing.”